Fractional share investing is a recent fintech innovation. Its influence was seen during the pandemic, when an influx of new investors was seen in certain international jurisdictions. In India, the International Financial Services Centre Authority (IFSCA) had in 2022 authorized the dealing of fractional shares under its regulated sandbox system; which enabled retail investors to buy and sell US equities within the limits set by Reserve Bank of India’s Liberalized Remittance Scheme (LRS). The concept of fractional shares is missing in an absolute form in Indian markets though it is supported in some form through mutual fund and ETF investing.
- Indian-Origin Dave Sharma Sworn In As Australian Senator
- Spotify lays off 17 percent of workforce in latest round of job cuts
- Attorney John Deaton Prefers Two Cryptos Over XRP
- South African regulator may license 36 crypto companies in December
- Notes from India’s answer to Berkshire Hathaway
- Does Microsoft have too much control over OpenAI?
- Microsoft to soon launch mobile gaming store, says Xbox head Phil Spencer
- World's Largest Iceberg Escapes Antarctica, Heading Towards Open Ocean