Building a portfolio is a complex exercise, and it has to be maintained too. A person’s portfolio holds different types of assets based on her financial goals, and each asset class gives different types of returns, which is why a portfolio must have an ideal mix of financial products. One must also keep in mind the volatility risk of the asset class, liquidity, lock-in rules and taxation. Here’s a look at how four commonly used asset types — equity, cash, gold and fixed income — have done in different periods.
- MediaTek hints at AI-powered chips: Image magic and personalized AI suggestions expected
- Samsung to launch AI-powered Galaxy Book 4 notebooks this month: Report
- ‘Managed investments to more than double to Rs 315 trillion by fiscal 2027’
- Oxford's Word Of The Year Is Gen Z Favourite "Rizz"
- Watch: Australian Teacher Shares Tutorial On How To Speak English Like Shashi Tharoor
- Robert Kiyosaki Avocates Bitcoin Investment Amid Political Discontent | TheSpuzz
- AstraZeneca partners with AI company to find cure for cancer
- L&T surges 5% to hit fresh high; surpasses its buyback price of Rs 3,200