The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare below Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has issued a notification on Central Civil Services (Payment of Gratuity below National Pension System) Rules, 2021. These guidelines will apply to the government personnel like civilian government personnel in the Defence Services who have joined on or soon after January 1, 2004, and to whom the Central Civil Services (Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, 2021 applies.
Few Key Features of Payment of Gratuity below National Pension System Rules
1. Any claim to gratuity will be regulated by the provisions of these guidelines in force at the time when a Government employee retires or is retired or is discharged or is permitted to resign from service or dies, as the case may perhaps be.
2. The quantity of retirement gratuity or death gratuity payable below this rule shall in no case exceed Rs 20 lakh.
3. Emoluments for the goal of figuring out the quantity of gratuity payable below these guidelines will include things like the fundamental spend which a Government employee was getting instantly ahead of his retirement or on the date of his death and shall also include things like non-practicing allowance granted to health-related officer in lieu of private practice
4. Average emoluments shall be determined with reference to the emoluments drawn by a Government employee throughout the last ten months of his service. The dearness allowance admissible on the date of retirement or death, as the case may perhaps be, will also be treated as emoluments for the goal of this rule.
5. Retirement gratuity or death gratuity for the government employee who has completed 5 years’ qualifying service will be equal to one-fourth of his emoluments for each and every completed six month-to-month period of qualifying service, topic to a maximum of 16½ occasions the emoluments. It will be payable in these situations:
(i) retires on attaining the age of superannuation, or on invalidation, or
(ii) retires or is retired, in advance of the age of superannuation, or
(iii) On opting for Special Voluntary Retirement Scheme relating to voluntary retirement of surplus personnel or
(iv) On getting permitted to be absorbed in a service or post in or below a Corporation or Company wholly or substantially owned or controlled by the Central Government or a State Government or in or below a body controlled or financed by the Central Government or a State Government, on retirement.
6. In the case of death, the gratuity payable will be paid to the particular person or persons on whom the ideal to acquire the gratuity is conferred by implies of a nomination
7. In all situations exactly where the payment of gratuity has been authorised later than the date when its payment becomes due, like the situations of retirement otherwise than on superannuation, and it is clearly established that the delay in payment was attributable to administrative motives or lapses, interest shall be paid at the price and manner applicable to Public Provident Fund quantity in accordance with the guidelines issued from time to time: