FD interest rate: In FY23, bank fixed deposit (FD) interest rates have risen from around 5.5 per cent to average 7 per cent. Thanks to high interest rate regime that Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das had to adopt to contain inflation. However, in this high interest rate regime, some banks are giving return on deposits that are higher than Public Provident Fund (PPF) interest rate of 7.10 per cent per annum. Unity Small Finance Bank is one such bank, which is giving FD interest rate up to 9 per cent for general depositors. For senior citizen bank FD account holders, there is an additional 50 bps interest rate given that means a senior citizen fixed deposit account holder at this bank is getting up to 9.50 per cent return annually.
- Voyager Is Cashing Out Dollars From Selling Shiba Inu, ETH
- Stablecoins are solution to crypto’s banking problem, exec says
- Indian stock market to remain closed tomorrow on account of Ram Navami
- Nepal Bans Solo Trekking For Foreigners From April 1. Here's Why
- Programming platform CodeChef hives off from Unacademy amid funding crunch
- Google plans to share heat alerts in Search
- Freeport clears SEC Reg A review for tokenized art offerings
- Does Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) are attractive after removal of long-term tax benefits of debt mutual funds?